Medical Definition of Laurence-Moon syndrome
Note: Laurence-Moon syndrome is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait requiring that both parents pass on a copy of the defective gene on a chromosome other than a sex chromosome. Laurence-Moon syndrome was first called Laurence-Moon-Biedl syndrome until cases presenting with polydactyly and without obesity led to creation of a new disease entity, Bardet-Biedl syndrome. Because the differences between Laurence-Moon syndrome and Bardet-Biedl syndrome are not always clearly defined, some consider Laurence-Moon syndrome to be a variant form of Bardet-Biedl syndrome.
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game