Medical Definition of Latrodectus
: a genus of nearly cosmopolitan spiders of the family Theridiidae that includes most of the well-known venomous spiders (as the black widow, L. mactans), that are of medium size and dark or black in color and often marked with red, and that have a large globular usually glossy abdomen and long and wiry legs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?