Medical Definition of Latrodectus
: a genus of nearly cosmopolitan spiders of the family Theridiidae that includes most of the well-known venomous spiders (as the black widow, L. mactans), that are of medium size and dark or black in color and often marked with red, and that have a large globular usually glossy abdomen and long and wiry legs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game