Langhans giant cellnoun
Medical Definition of Langhans giant cell
: any of the large cells found in the lesions of some granulomatous conditions (as leprosy and tuberculosis) and containing a number of peripheral nuclei arranged in a circle or in the shape of a horseshoe
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game