La Crosse encephalitisnoun
Medical Definition of La Crosse encephalitis
: an encephalitis typically affecting children that is caused by the La Crosse virus transmitted especially by a mosquito of the genus Aedes (A. triseriatus)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game