Medical Definition of Kugelberg-Welander disease
: muscular weakness and atrophy that is caused by degeneration of motor neurons in the ventral horn of the spinal cord, is usually inherited as an autosomal recessive trait, and that becomes symptomatic during childhood or adolescence typically progressing slowly during adulthood — compare werdnig-hoffmann disease
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?