Medical Definition of Junin virus
: a single-stranded RNA virus of the genus Arenavirus (species Junin virus) that is the causative agent of a hemorrhagic fever endemic in agricultural regions of Argentina and that is transmitted to humans chiefly by rodents (especially genus Calomys)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game