Medical Definition of Jatropha
: a widely distributed mainly tropical American genus of herbs, shrubs, and trees (family Euphorbiaceae) which usually have lobed leaves and inconspicuous flowers and of which a number including the physic nut (J. curcas) yield oils of medicinal value
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?