Japanese B encephalitisnoun
Medical Definition of Japanese B encephalitis
: an encephalitis that occurs epidemically in Japan and other Asian countries in the summer, is caused by a single-stranded RNA virus of the genus Flavivirus (species Japanese encephalitis virus) transmitted by mosquitoes (especially Culex tritaeniorhynchus), and usually produces a subclinical infection but may cause acute meningoencephalomyelitis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?