Medical Definition of Hotis test
: a test for the presence of the common streptococcus of bovine mastitis in milk which is made by incubating a sample of milk with an aniline dye and in which the appearance of yellow patches indicates the presence of the organism
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game