Medical Definition of Hemiptera
: a large order of insects (as the true bugs) that have mouthparts adapted to piercing and sucking and usually two pairs of wings, undergo an incomplete metamorphosis, and include many important pests
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game