Medical Definition of Haemosporidia
: an order of minute telosporidian protozoans that are parasitic at some stage of the life cycle in the blood cells of vertebrates and that include the malaria parasites of the family Plasmodiidae, numerous bird parasites of the family Haemoproteidae, and the piroplasms and related pathogens of cattle belonging to the family Babesiidae
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game