Medical Definition of H-substance
: a diffusible substance that is thought to be released in the allergic reaction of skin and in the responses of tissue to inflammation and that is held to be similar to histamine or possibly to be histamine itself
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?