Medical Definition of Gärtner's bacillus
: a motile bacterium of the genus Salmonella (S. enteritidis) that causes enteritis and is widely distributed in the intestinal tracts of mammals including humans
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game