Medical Definition of Felidae
: a cosmopolitan family comprising lithe-bodied carnivorous mammals (as the domestic cat, lion, tiger, lynx, and cheetah) having often strikingly patterned fur, comparatively short limbs with soft pads on the feet, usually sharp curved retractile claws, a broad and somewhat rounded head with short but powerful jaws equipped with teeth suited to grasping, tearing, and shearing through flesh, erect ears, and typically eyes with narrow or elliptical pupils and especially adapted for seeing in dim light
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?