variants: or Fabry's disease \ -brēz- \
Medical Definition of Fabry disease
: a disorder of lipid metabolism that is inherited as an X-linked recessive trait and is characterized by skin lesions especially on the lower trunk, severe pain in the extremities, corneal opacities, and vascular disease affecting the kidneys, heart, or brain
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game