Medical Definition of Eurotiales
: an order of ascomycetous fungi (as the blue molds) that have a closed ascocarp with the asci scattered rather than collected into a spore-bearing layer and that include most of the human and animal dermatophytes as well as many saprobic soil or coprophilous fungi
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game