Medical Definition of Edinger-Westphal nucleus
: the lateral portion of the group of nerve cells lying ventral to the aqueduct of Sylvius which give rise to the autonomic fibers of the oculomotor nerve supplying the ciliary muscle and the sphincter pupillae
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?