Medical Definition of Dressler's syndrome
: pericarditis after heart attack or open-heart surgery that is often recurrent and is typically accompanied by chest pain, fever, malaise, difficulty in breathing, pleurisy, and pericardial and pleural effusions
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?