Dietary Reference Intakenoun
Medical Definition of Dietary Reference Intake
: a set of guidelines for the daily intake of nutrients (as vitamins, protein, and fats) and other food components (as fiber) that include recommended daily allowances, adequate daily intake values for nutrients having undetermined recommended daily allowances, and tolerable upper level values of daily intake —abbreviation DRI
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game