Medical Definition of Dialister
: a genus of minute gram-negative parasitic strictly anaerobic bacteria of the family Bacteroidaceae that grow only in fresh sterile tissue or ascitic fluid and comprise cells occurring singly, in pairs, or in short chains
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?