Medical Definition of Descemet's membrane
: a transparent highly elastic apparently structureless membrane that covers the inner surface of the cornea and is lined with endothelium
— called also membrane of Descemet, posterior elastic lamina
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?