Medical Definition of DMAE
: a choline analog C4H11NO formerly investigated for use in medicine (as in the treatment of tardive dyskinesia) but now used especially as a dietary supplement and skin toner
— called also deanol, dimethylaminoethanol
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game