Medical Definition of Cuterebridae
: a family of chiefly New World botflies that occur under the skin or sometimes in the throat or nasal sinuses of various mammals and that include a botfly (Dermatobia hominis) that normally parasitizes humans — see cuterebra
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game