Medical Definition of Claviceps
: a genus of ascomycetous fungi (family Hypocreaceae) parasitic upon the ovaries of various grasses and forming characteristic sclerotia from which arise the ascus-bearing heads
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?