Chinese liver flukenoun
Medical Definition of Chinese liver fluke
: a common and destructive Asian liver fluke of the genus Clonorchis (C. sinensis) that has a complex life cycle involving a mollusk and a fish as intermediate hosts and that especially in eastern and southeastern Asia is a serious human parasite invading the liver following the consumption of raw infected fish and causing clonorchiasis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game