medical Definition of CT colonography
- People putting off that colonoscopy just got some good news: Researchers at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine have found that noninvasive CT colonography, which creates a 3D computer scan of the colon, can detect advanced polyps—the precursors to colorectal cancer—just as accurately.
- —Matthew Shulman, U.S. News & World Report, 15 Oct. 2007
- Questionable findings revealed by stool testing, sigmoidoscopy or CT colonography should be confirmed by a colonoscopy.
- —The Washington Post, 14 Feb. 2012
- Other procedures, such as CT colonographies, don't pick up the flat polyps on the right side of the colon very well …
- —Amritha Alladi, The News-Star (Monroe, Louisiana), 16 Mar. 2012