Medical Definition of Bowenoid papulosis
: a skin condition that is marked by the presence of flat or wartlike, often pigmented lesions in the anogenital area and is associated with certain human papillomaviruses (such as HPV-16)
Note: The lesions of Bowenoid papulosis are typically benign and asymptomatic but may sometimes develop into squamous cell carcinoma.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game