Medical Definition of Bordetella
: a genus of bacteria comprising very short gram-negative strictly aerobic coccuslike bacilli and including the causative agent (B. pertussis) of whooping cough
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game