Medical Definition of Bodansky unit
: a unit based on the activity of phosphatase toward sodium beta-glycerophosphate that is used as a measure of phosphatase concentration (as in the blood) especially in the diagnosis of various pathological conditions and that for the blood has a normal value averaging about 7 for children and 4 for adults
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game