Medical Definition of Baghdad boil
: oriental sore Iran makes basic childhood vaccines and is struggling to make one against leishmaniasis, a sandfly-borne disease that caused the painful "Baghdad boil" that afflicted the first American troops in Iraq and, if left untreated, eventually can kill.— Donald J. McNeil Jr., The New York Times, 20 Dec. 2011
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?