Büch·ner funnel | \ ˈbu̇k-nər-\
Medical Definition of Büchner funnel
: a cylindrical often porcelain filtering funnel that has a perforated plate on which the filter paper is placed and that is used usually with a vacuum
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game