Medical Definition of Aschoff body
: one of the small nodules in heart muscle that are typical of rheumatic heart disease and consist of swollen collagen, cells, and fibrils also : one of the similar but larger nodules found under the skin especially in rheumatic fever or polyarthritis
— called also Aschoff nodule
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game