Medical Definition of Ascaridae
: a family of large nematode worms (superfamily Ascaridoidea) that are usually parasitic in the intestines of vertebrates, have three well-developed lips and a simple cylindrical esophagus, and include the common roundworm (Ascaris lumbricoides) parasitic in the human intestine — see ascaridia, ascaris
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game