variants: also Arthus phenomenon
Medical Definition of Arthus reaction
: a hypersensitivity reaction that occurs several hours to days following the intradermal injection of a vaccine into an animal and is marked by the formation of antigen-antibody complexes accompanied by localized inflammation, pain, redness, and sometimes tissue destruction
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?