Medical Definition of Arenaviridae
: a family of single-stranded RNA viruses that have a grainy appearance due to the presence of ribosomes in the virion and that are usually transmitted to humans by infected wild rodents through contamination of food and personal items or by inhalation of the airborne virus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?