Medical Definition of Arachnida
: a large class of arthropods that are mostly air-breathing by means of trachea or book lungs, that include the spiders and scorpions, mites, and ticks, and that have a segmented body divided into two regions of which the anterior bears four pairs of legs but no antennae
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?