Medical Definition of Agaricaceae
: a large family of fungi (order Agaricales) that contains the genera Agaricus and Amanita and includes many familiar mushrooms with the sporophore usually consisting of a central stalk and a cap like an umbrella on the lower surface of which are numerous lamellae bearing the hymenium
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game