Medical Definition of Acremonium
Note: The genus Acremonium was formerly known by the name Cephalosporium and is usually classified as an imperfect fungus because no sexual stage of the fungus has been clearly identified. The antibiotic cephalosporin was originally isolated from a particular species (Acremonium chrysogenum synonym Cephalosporium acremonium) of this genus. The genus Acremonium includes several species (such as A. killense and A. falciforme) that may cause infections (such as pneumonia) especially in immunocompromised individuals.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game