Medical Definition of AAT
alpha-1-antitrypsin AAT is a highly effective inhibitor of neutrophil elastase; an imbalance between levels of AAT and this elastase increases the risk of emphysema.— Edwin K. Silverman and Robert A. Sandhaus, The New England Journal of Medicine, 25 June 2009
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game