Medical Definition of 6-hydroxydopamine
: an isomer of norepinephrine that is taken up by catecholaminergic nerve fibers, causes the degeneration of their terminals, and has been used experimentally to study the behavioral and physiological effects of destroying selected groups of neurons in the central nervous systems of experimental animals
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game