Medical Definition of 17-hydroxycorticosteroid
: any of several adrenocorticosteroids (as cortisol) with an −OH group and an HOCH2CO− group attached to carbon 17 of the fused ring structure of the steroid
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game