work product doctrinenoun
Legal Definition of work product doctrine
— called also work product rule
Note: This doctrine applies to work product of all kinds, but it may be waived for certain materials (as documents) if the party seeking discovery shows that it has a substantial need of the materials in preparing its own case and that it is unable without undue hardship to obtain the substantial equivalent of the materials by other means.
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game