wait and seenoun
Legal Definition of wait and see
: a doctrine in property law that postpones determining the question of validity of a future interest that has not yet vested (as a contingent remainder) until circumstances make clear whether or not the interest will vest within a time limit — compare rule against perpetuities
Note: A minority of states have adopted the wait and see doctrine.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?