vul·gar substitution | \ ˈvəl-gər-\
Legal Definition of vulgar substitution
in the civil law of Louisiana : a testamentary disposition in which the person making the will names another person to take the gift in the event that the instituted heir does not accept it or is already deceased
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?