Legal Definition of violent felony
: a crime consisting of conduct that presents a serious risk of potential injury to another or that is punishable by imprisonment for more than one year —used especially in federal sentencing of career criminals guilty of crimes involving use of a weapon
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?