useless gesture exceptionnoun
use·less ges·ture exception | \ -ˈjes-chər-\
Legal Definition of useless gesture exception
: an exception to the knock and announce rule that excuses police from having to announce their purpose before entering a premises in execution of a warrant if facts known to the officers justify them in being virtually certain that the occupant already knows their purpose
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game