use and occupationnoun
Legal Definition of use and occupation
: an action in which the owner of property seeks compensation for use and occupation of the premises by another (as a tenant remaining in possession after expiration of a lease)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game