usage of trade
Legal Definition of usage of trade
: a practice or method of dealing that is regularly observed in a place, vocation, or trade and that one justifiably expects to be followed by another party to a commercial transaction — compare course of dealing, course of performance
Note: Evidence of a usage of trade may be admissible as supplementing the express terms of a disputed contract when it does not contradict them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game