Legal Definition of unnecessary hardship
Note: Unnecessary hardship may justify the granting of a variance if the use permitted by the variance will not alter the essential character of the locality. Unnecessary hardship must involve unique characteristics of the property itself, not economic difficulties of the owner.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game