uber·ri·ma fi·des | \ yü-ˈber-i-mə-ˈfī-ˌdēz, ü-ˈber-ē-ˌmä-ˈfē-ˌdās \
Legal Definition of uberrima fides
: utmost or perfect good faith acted in uberrima fides
Note: The terms uberrima fides and uberrimae fidei, although grammatically distinct in Latin, are often used interchangeably in English.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game